"- don't be so quick to knock it. People don't usually part with the weird shit they personally know because they know how easy it will be to punch holes in. Now I'm tellin you somethin. It's for you to poke through the soup and find the meat." John Patrick Shanley's 'the dreamer examines his pillow'

Thursday, November 10, 2005

sexy beast

I was just outside in the cool autumn air, on my way home, when I felt the brush of the breeze on the nape of my neck, just where the hair had been blown back to expose bare skin. It felt startlingly like a human caress. And when a breeze grows into a numbing gust of wind and leaves are hurtling through the space around me, filling my ears and body with a sensation that at times makes me cry out and forget the rest of the world for a moment, I have to think an orgasm must be like that. I hope.
Maybe the original romancer was nature. It taught us how to feel, and what to feel, and we are imitating it in our actions toward one another. We do what we know feels good in the most primal part of our souls, because ever since we could first feel, we have been learning what it is to feel a good thing from the very earth we were born into. And touching one another is not only an imitation of this, it's a recognition of humanity - it's saying, yes, I am human too, I know this feels good and I want to be connected with you in this thing we cannot rationalize away, this basest and most beautiful of experiences. Sex, yes, but human touch in general, too.
Or perhaps it's not an imitation. Maybe it is what it is. Nature. The world's gestures and ours are one and the same. Our loving actions toward and with one another is the nature in us being revealed. It's an outpouring of what we are, which is - whether we like it or not - a part of this earth. Thank God each seperate soul comes with the ability to connect their version of the earth in them with others.

6 Comments:

Blogger saphria said...

All of your entries are always so beautiful. When ever I read them I think im reading poetry. I miss you so. Im gladd your writing more often.

2:26 PM

 
Blogger kirsten said...

I could not put that any better myself, nor could anyone else. It's beautiful, simply beautiful! I miss you and love you so much...

6:08 PM

 
Blogger William said...

you = amazing. plus i will be seeing you in approximately 6 hours. i love you elizabeth daniels

7:00 AM

 
Blogger Michelle said...

Sometimes I think that I enjoy reading what you have to say. And then I remember what you look like, and I like that more. So maybe don't write so much, and post more pictures of your face, because you are beautiful. It would also be helpful if you could open your mouth real big in a few of the pictures, because you're real pretty on the inside too ;-) LOVE!

1:56 AM

 
Blogger Michelle said...

PS, I was just kidding. Write as much, maybe more, but also, post pictures of you, with your mouth open real big.

1:56 AM

 
Blogger Jennifer said...

damn thats beautiful.

1:56 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home