"- don't be so quick to knock it. People don't usually part with the weird shit they personally know because they know how easy it will be to punch holes in. Now I'm tellin you somethin. It's for you to poke through the soup and find the meat." John Patrick Shanley's 'the dreamer examines his pillow'

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

moon

whenever i look up at the night sky, i want to reach my hands up and devour it all. i want it all in me - i need something from it. usually. but tonight i am going to learn to recieve rather than take. i am standing on the black pavement in front of my house and i am breathing it in, my arms limp beside me, and letting the moon stand up there and be what it will be. i don't need anything from it, but i will accept its dull glow on my face just the way it is. i'll peacefully take it in, whatever it has to offer in that moment, and then i'll leave having desired and lost nothing, but having been given more than i could have asked for. it's not mine; but i am honored to share in it.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

remember that time i was in NY and you were in OH and it was exciting because we were in the same time zone, and then we were both outside and barefoot and looking at the sky and it was cool because we saw the moon together? yah, that was neat.

12:47 AM

 
Blogger kirsten said...

You know what song I think of whenever I see the moon?
"Shine on, Shine on Harvest Moon, up in the sky. Shine on, Shine on Harvest moon. January February June and July..." If you don't know it, call me an oldies kinda gal.

10:48 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Full moon always used to fill me
with so much trepidation
Shrouded in mystery
and given a sinister interpretation

Exposing hidden secrets
uncover hidden truths
Casting shadows
on anything that moves

Now I see things different
and now I know the truth
no longer do I view you
as dark and aloof

Away are my feelings
of lonely discontempt
in it's place only wonder
and lightness you represent

2:18 AM

 
Blogger saphria said...

I saw a metor shower on journys. It was amazing I also coulnt help but think that maybee one of my friends were watching it to. If anything the sky will always conect us.

8:47 PM

 
Blogger kirsten said...

I know I'm not the one to urge people to post, but Post!Post!Post!!!!! Ready....set....go!

9:22 PM

 
Blogger kirsten said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:41 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home