"- don't be so quick to knock it. People don't usually part with the weird shit they personally know because they know how easy it will be to punch holes in. Now I'm tellin you somethin. It's for you to poke through the soup and find the meat." John Patrick Shanley's 'the dreamer examines his pillow'

Monday, November 07, 2005

philosophy in tupperware

I had another epiphany today. This happens on a daily basis, but I generally forget them within two days. I think if we were able to remember them all in every moment, we would have life basically figured out by the time we hit thirty. Why were we cursed with the ability to completely space on the very insight that would carry us on gossamer wings in all wisdom through every day? Maybe so that we need people, to remind us of what we already know.

Education: derived from "educare", meaning "to draw forth (what already exists within)."

My discovery was the ability to place every day in a little tupperware container. It makes shit a lot easier to handle. Put the lid on at night and wake up with a fresh container. Sounds incredibly cheesy, does it not? But it totally works. For example, today, I am aware of the fact that I need to work on my philosophy paper. I am not doing so, but the fact that I am not bleeding my thoughts into tomorrow and already planning how I'll squeeze it in before class gives me the freedom to do it now, because today is all I need to handle. Dammit, now I feel obligated to do it. Maybe this 'one day at a time' stuff isn't so hot after all.

4 Comments:

Blogger kirsten said...

I totally know what you're talking about... good luck with that! I love you!

10:28 PM

 
Blogger Crystal said...

i know how you feel....i tried the one day at a time thing...worked for most of my high school career....then IB hit and that idea flew out the window! also, senoir-itis has kicked in majorly for me, which is bad. but oh well...we can take this thing one at a time together ok? by the way, i'm planning on auditioning at otterbein at the end of february so i hope to see you there! lots of love

11:20 PM

 
Blogger Jennifer said...

haha. oh you. i love that info about education. it makes the whole ideal of college so much more beautiful, does it not?

ooh!!! also, what are you doing for easter? will you be at college? because this guy andy is in love w/ some girl who's going to college in cincinatti and he's planning a road trip and said he'd drop me off on the way, if i wanted to go. your thoughts, por favor?

5:44 AM

 
Blogger Elizabeth said...

kirsten: CONGRATS ON YOUR ROLE!!! you rock my world!!! i'm so freaking excited for you!!

cc: YOU TOO!!! and hey - you are my hero. come to otterbein. if you want i can sit in on your audition! (or not, whatever makes it easier for you) but let me know what day it will be and i'll mark my calendar!

nate: i miss you. you're wonderful. in 100 years we'll all be dead, so why worry about a silly F, right? ;)

jen: COME!!! you should tell people that you're also in love - with someone in Columbus (me, preferably.) then you can call the car you go in the Love Machine, and everyone will think you're so cool. that's what i would do anyway.

6:52 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home