"- don't be so quick to knock it. People don't usually part with the weird shit they personally know because they know how easy it will be to punch holes in. Now I'm tellin you somethin. It's for you to poke through the soup and find the meat." John Patrick Shanley's 'the dreamer examines his pillow'

Sunday, June 04, 2006

11:13 am striped pajamas on Sunday morning, writing letters to friends

my little friend stops everything to munch on his yogurt chip. His heart has been beating frantically and his body has not stopped for an instant; scuttle, scurry, dash, burrow - until he smells his heart's (or his tummy's) desire. His whole body stills, standing alert on two back feet, whiskers in the air. He is as still as I have ever seen him, but the blood is pumping faster than before and his little nose is working like a jackhammer against the air. He finds the source of his craving and pulls the treat from my fingers. Without a single thought he shoots back down into a hunched position and is still - he doesn't adjust to feel comfortable or multitask while he eats; his Whole Being is centered on the enjoyment before him.
God, that's how I want to take advantage of moments or days I have with people I love. Not to mention my meals.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home