"- don't be so quick to knock it. People don't usually part with the weird shit they personally know because they know how easy it will be to punch holes in. Now I'm tellin you somethin. It's for you to poke through the soup and find the meat." John Patrick Shanley's 'the dreamer examines his pillow'

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

note to self

As you may know, over my time in college the idea of my entrance into middle and old age in America has become increasingly frightening, even revolting to me. What I am afraid of is losing the zest in life. the unknown. the will to look and move beyond my own petty existence. However, I have spent so much time worrying about getting there that I have forgotten where I am. If I’m not present in the moment and living the life I want to live right now there’s far less of a chance I’ll live it in the future. I need to take hold of what I have and live a little more existentially, before fear of the future paralyzes the action and potential of the present.

S: You are more wonderful than I could have hoped for, and a constant encouragement. Thank you from the heights and depths of my soul. I love you.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lennard said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:08 PM

 
Blogger Lennard said...

"S" stands for Slappybag, right?

5:08 PM

 
Blogger Ermine said...

It was really good to see you :)

6:37 PM

 
Blogger kirsten said...

I miss you so much, more than you could know!!!!!

10:43 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home