"- don't be so quick to knock it. People don't usually part with the weird shit they personally know because they know how easy it will be to punch holes in. Now I'm tellin you somethin. It's for you to poke through the soup and find the meat." John Patrick Shanley's 'the dreamer examines his pillow'

Monday, December 12, 2005

Whenever I want you, all I have to do is dream

I come from a legacy of dreamers. I have my hopes, unfounded as they may be, as did my mother, our friends, my dead aunt, the pregnant woman across the street... I don't think it matters whether they come true. We are all taking part in an involuntary and yet intensely personal tradition - the great human dream; plan; desire. I feel honored to be part of it for the sake of the dream alone. Let's share our dreams with each other; it'll remind us that deep down we're all hopeless romantics. Or at least that we're all hopeless ;)

Kirsten, please call me if you still want to talk! I love you man.

4 Comments:

Blogger kirsten said...

O.k. i think i'll call you now..

8:12 PM

 
Blogger Michelle said...

I love that song. Also, I wish I were better at dreaming. That is, aspiring or having hopes. I dream just fine in my sleep - I dreamt the other night that I got to meet Norbert Leo Butz. Alas, it was only in my dreams. Are you in my dreams? No. You are Elizabeth. I will see get to meet you in a few days. Can I have your autograph or maybe some garbage you touched?

11:49 AM

 
Blogger Crystal said...

when are we going to get together? i say soon.

4:13 AM

 
Blogger kirsten said...

Yeah, when are we going to get together? I say we have a big girl party/slumber thing! Yeah, and you really have no choice... oh and no boys allowed except Nathan, but that's basically because we've decided he's a lady anyway...right. Also, I'm going to talk to you about something, but don't want to give anything away here... call ya later, or call me. either one!

12:23 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home