"- don't be so quick to knock it. People don't usually part with the weird shit they personally know because they know how easy it will be to punch holes in. Now I'm tellin you somethin. It's for you to poke through the soup and find the meat." John Patrick Shanley's 'the dreamer examines his pillow'

Saturday, November 26, 2005

R E S P E C T

HEY! Something good happened in world government, just to spice things up a bit!

They've elected - yes, elected - the first female president in Africa - Liberia's Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf
http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory?id=1341369

And the first female German Chancellor - Angela Merkel
http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory?id=1335645&CMP=OTC-RSSFeeds0312

Took them long enough.

I'm not saying they'll be any better at politicking than many of the men we have in office, but how incredible that the people didn't let the leaders' sex get in the way of the elections!

GERMANY/LIBERIA, I salute you!!

And Oregon, land that I love... I wish I could be swallowed up by your rich earth and sleep in you for ages, being fed by the clear mountain streams and the deep, gnarled roots of the evergreens... it is so good to be in this place. I will miss my other home, but this, now, is fine with me. Ocean breezes, here I come!

1 Comments:

Blogger kirsten said...

Sock it to me, sock it to me, sock it to me, sock it to me!
What you want? Baby I got it!

Spice Girls! Girl Power! lol

9:59 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home