"- don't be so quick to knock it. People don't usually part with the weird shit they personally know because they know how easy it will be to punch holes in. Now I'm tellin you somethin. It's for you to poke through the soup and find the meat." John Patrick Shanley's 'the dreamer examines his pillow'

Thursday, January 04, 2007

I Can't Get No

Also, I’ve been thinking – I think this quite often, though. We’re all seeking something else. I hope none of us is ever satisfied, cause there’d be no reason to live – or it’d at least be real boring. This dissatisfaction in whatever degree I feel it will always be part of me. I think the happiest person is not one who finds what he/she is looking for, but one who accepts the search as being as valuable (if not more valuable) than the goal. I accept this restlessness in this moment as the end all be all of life, including everything else in this moment, even – especially – the aspects of living I’m not aware of. Rainer Maria Rilke said ‘live the questions. Treasure them like a locked door or an unopened book. Eventually, one day, you may live your way into an answer.’ Or something like that. And hey, I’d be fine if I never find an answer.

Doesn’t mean I won’t stop agonizing over finding it though. That’s part of the beauty – all the agony.

I seem to go in cycles, one point of the circle being despair over never finding the answer, and the opposite point being acceptance of the questions.

1 Comments:

Blogger Charlotte said...

A little bag of cocaine, a little bag of cocaine, so who's the girl wearing the dress?

I didn't know how to express what I was feeling, and then this song came to my mind. As you probably know, (because it was stuck in my head forever) I appreciate this song a lot, but I appreciate you much more.

9:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home