"- don't be so quick to knock it. People don't usually part with the weird shit they personally know because they know how easy it will be to punch holes in. Now I'm tellin you somethin. It's for you to poke through the soup and find the meat." John Patrick Shanley's 'the dreamer examines his pillow'

Friday, August 21, 2009

In the spirit of why the hell not... i haven't posted in forever.

Whoa.
Have been thinking a lot about my voice – releasing the physical and mental restraints that keep me from speaking freely or speaking at all. Have been reading "The Right to Speak” by Patsy Rodenburg. Was focusing on breathing into my belly and relaxing this morning so speaking voice wasn't as affected by physical habits unrelated to the present moment, and a funny thing happened. Teri noticed I was tired, even though I was in a different room. That’s something people only notice when they see my posture or eyes – I often (always?) disguise it with my voice, whether intentionally or unconsciously. She actually heard how I really was in the moment, without me having to say it. A SMALL VOCALTRY!! (hehehe... too much?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home